Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni shells or cavatappi
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheese
- 6 10mg size bags of Fiery Hot TSUMo Snacks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil a pot of water and add a generous amount of salt.
- Cook the macaroni shells or cavatappi until almost done but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet or large pot, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Add the flour to the butter and stir for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the milk and whisk to remove any lumps. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble (about 6 minutes).
- Stir in the cheese and whisk until smooth and melted. Turn off the heat.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Smash all 6 bags of Fiery Hot TSUMo Snacks into little crunchy bits.
- Sprinkle about 2 bags of the Fiery Hot dust on top of the pasta mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a buttered dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the Fiery Hot TSUMo Snacks Mac and Cheese cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle the remaining 4 bags of Fiery Hot TSUMo Snacks dust on top before serving.
- Use a high-quality sharp cheese for the sauce: The cheese is a major component of the mac and cheese, so using a high-quality sharp cheese will result in a creamier and more flavorful sauce.
- Cook the pasta al dente: Make sure to cook the pasta until it is firm but still tender. Overcooking the pasta can result in a mushy texture in the finished dish.